Exam Elf is a free STAAR/PARCC math resource that teaches students all the skills that they need to perform to their potential in mathematics exams. Exam Elf teaches 12 key skills which are needed to apply a student's knowledge effectively in an exam and is Common Core aligned using the Kaplan Test Preparation questions.
Teachers are facing more challenges with less resources and support. Exam Elf quickly and easily allows teachers to monitor and review individual student's learning via the dedicated Exam Elf teacher's interface. This time-saving feature allows teachers to tailor their feedback and set appropriate homework for individual students.
The teacher interface has:
- A visual summary dashboard showing the progress of every student in your class
- Individual student dashboards to see a student's strengths and weaknesses across all Common Core topic areas
- Data analytics on students with detail down to the individual question level
- The ability to track performance weekly and monthly for a student including improvements
- Class level summaries showing any weakness areas for the class
- Data analysis to show the top questions that the class finds challenging
Teachers take on many roles for their students. They dispense knowledge, explain concepts and shape the adults of the future. However, in recent years, teachers have come under increasing pressure to become test tutors as well. Standardized testing has proliferated and increased in importance to the point where teachers are now forced to take valuable classroom time to teach students how to perform to their best in exams. This is exacerbated when some students go through hothouse test prep courses. Teachers feel the need to ensure the playing field is level and other students are taught how to take the tests.
The Teacher's interface for Exam Elf (also free!) allows a teacher to track the performance of all the students in their class, and also the aggregated performance.
Even better, Exam Elf is available for the students to use at home, so that the teacher can have the confidence that their class is well prepared for their exams, and focus on teaching them the content they need to know.